ARTFUL CRAFTING CHALLENGE:ALTERED ART

 

2015-12-31-12.35.39.jpg.jpg

So i love altering things! To turn something old and weathered or unused into something beautiful and useful is so pleasureable and satisfying:)

So when the AC Challenge came up i started looking for things i could turn into something beautiful and useful….

Then well i got a couple of bedsheets from a sale and in the packaging i found something that I thought will be nice to alter:)

So this was basically a piece of cardboard placed between the sheets as packaging.

2015-12-31-12.42.22.jpg.jpgwp-1450854418379.jpg

I turned it into an album! Planning to keep some treasured photos in this:)

 

so i first began by covering the cardboard all around in black cardstock…probably the hardest part of Β the whole project.

20151218_141904-1.jpg
the Hardest Part!

I then covered the insides and added a connector piece to the spine forΒ adding pages. (forgot to take pictures of inside though;()

Embellishing was the other hard part…i wanted to add something else with flowers to make it kind of Pop. So in a light bulb moment i dug out the negative panel piece from a dusty attic chipboard collection that had all the right sentiments for love family and loyalty! (BTW the dusty attic chipboard is available at the Artful-Crafting Store)

I made it my central motif for the front cover and decided to add embellies around it.

Before gluing things on I stamped some random scripts from a BoBunny stamp set Scripted in Versacolor White Pigment ink.

I then added some lace trims and some perfect pearls powder underneath the laces at the sides.

I misted the Chipboard Negative space Panel with Dylusion sprays(Again available at Artful-Crafting store) and then i added some empress gold Prima Colorbloom spray to it to give a lovely shimmer.

2015-12-31-12.39.15.jpg.jpg
Check out the shimmery goodness

I adhered it to the front cover at an angle and then added some Prima Blooms and mulberry roses and a handmade black rose for an extra personal touch πŸ™‚ I also added a spellbinders diecut and a gold embossed wooden key that i had leftover from a demo at the Crafters expo. I punched holes Using Crop-A-Dile and added pink ribbon to kind of hold the album closed together as it will become bulky after adding pages πŸ˜‰

I then finished off the front cover by adding diecut at the sides. πŸ˜‰

Here is the Completed Album πŸ˜‰ Love it πŸ™‚

wp-1451548727502.jpg
Tadaaa!

wp-1451548733628.jpg

 

A few more closeups πŸ˜‰

2015-12-31-12.37.11.jpg.jpg

2015-12-31-12.28.06.jpg.jpg

2015-12-31-12.38.35.jpg.jpg

2015-12-31-12.37.52.jpg.jpg

2015-12-31-12.40.30.jpg.jpg

wp-1451548750478.jpg

wp-1451548427124.jpg

Supplies Used and Available at Artful-crafting:

  1. Dylusion Sprays
  2. Stampendous Gold embossing powder
  3. Heat Gun
  4. Dusty Attic Chipboards
  5. Versamark Ink
  6. Spellbinders Dies
  7. Prima Colorbloom spray-Empress Gold

Other supplies;

  1. Black Cardstock
  2. UHU Glue
  3. Mulberry flowers
  4. beads and pearls

Hope you all like it πŸ˜‰

Love,

Hira

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

5 Comments Add yours

  1. Amina Ishfaq says:

    gorgeous altered album!! love it

    Like

    1. hirafhashmi says:

      Thank you πŸ˜‰

      Like

  2. hasanamna says:

    beautiful Hira! πŸ™‚

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s