I always have loved to and wanted to use stencils and so bought Dyan Revealey’s Alphabet stencils from Artful Crafting.
So I decided why not give it a try…..hehehe just being honest….amateur at best an effort….I gifted it to my father on Father’s Day. I used the stencils here for the first time and experimented with the funky Dylusions Sprays available now in Pakistan thanks to ArtfulCrafting.
Here is what I did.
1. I used a piece of precut white cardstock and misted it with water.
2. I then spritz the piece randomly with Dylusions ink sprays in pure sunshine, calypso teal and pomegranate seed. Just love how all the colors merge into one another and create a lovely color palette.
3. I let it dry then misted the piece again with water….(used a bit too much of it…hehehe got hyper-excited)
4. I then used Dyan Reaveley’s Alphabet Stencil and spritz some pomegranate seed Dylusion spray through it to get the lovely stencil onto my card base.
5. I stamped small hearts from the stamp set Inkadinkado Inchies Greetings vertically on one side.
6. I then took a small plain piece of cardstock, stamped the sentiment “You’re Special Father” and inked the edges with colorbox mini chalk inkpad in pink pastel.
7. I adhered the card base to a precut plain Card.
8.I embellished the card with a handmade flower and stamen and added a stamped butterfly.
Here are a few More Close Ups.
I Hope that i made a good effort with stencils for the very first Time =)
My Father loved the card hope you all like it too =)
Products Used are Available at ArtfulCrafting.
- Dylusion Ink Sprays: Calypso Teal, Pure Sunshine, Pomegranate Seed.
- Dyan Reaveley’s Alphabet Stencil.
- Inkadinkado Inchies Greetings Clear stamps
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpad Cateyes: Pink Pastel
- Teresa Collins Stamp set: Tell your Story.